The Cape Peninsula juts out into the Atlantic Ocean like a finger and becomes the most southwestern tip of the African continent. This day tour gets you out and about with a circular route around the peninsula offering outdoor activities, sites and spectacular views. Let African Experience host you for the day and introduce you to the endangered African Penguins up close and personal at Boulders in Simon's Town. Experience the breath taking views as we drive along Champan's Peak Drive. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is an ideal opportunity to experience the Cape Floral Kingdom - one of 6 in the world. Visit the Cape Point Lighthouse perched 238m above sea level and take in views that seem to go on for an eternity.
Rich in natural beauty this day tour of the Cape Peninsula is highly recommended.
- Visit a land based penguin colony in Simon's Town, home to the endangered African Penguin. The boardwalk through the colony allows you to observe them in their natural environment at close range.
- Chapman's Peak Drive winds its' way between Hout Bay and Noordhoek. Cut into the side of the Constantiaberg, Chappies, as it is affectionately known by locals, is one of the most dramatic mountainous marine drives in the world.
- The Cape Point Lighthouse built in 1857 sits perched 238m above the ocean. Visit the lighthouse and spend as much time as you like taking in the almost 360 degree expansive ocean and mountain views.
- Make your way to the most southwestern tip of Africa at the Cape of Good Hope, known as the landing site of the first Portuguese explorers in the 15th century. Take a few photos at the sign board indicating latitude and longitude while flocks of Cormorant fly by in their typical V shape formation.
- Meet a shark spotter and learn what they do while taking in the views over False Bay.
We offer a day tour of the Cape Peninsula to suit your timing and interests and will happily host you and your group in a bespoke itinerary. Below are a few more sties and activities you may want to include during your tour.
- Stop at Hout Bay, a small fishing village and enjoy a short boat trip to Duiker Island to meet the Cape Fur Seal up close and in their natural environment.
- Take a ride in the Flying Dutchman. This funicular whisks you up Da Gama Peak to the base of the Cape Point Lighthouse.
- Stretch your legs and enjoy a 45 minute walk from the Cape Point Lighthouse down to the Cape of Good Hope. We will meet you there so there is no need to hike all the way back!
- Take a leisurely stroll through Kalk Bay, a gem on the False Bay coastline. Within a short distance browse interesting shops, art galleries, boutiques and curio stores.
- Enjoy lunch at a seaside restaurant. We have a few options we can highly recommend.
- Stop at Cape Point Vineyards; an award winning wine estate in Noordhoek with sea and mountain views and enjoy the fruits of others' labour.