Let African Experience host you on a day tour of Cape Town, the oldest city in South Africa. Table Mountain, voted one of 7New Wonders of the World is a must do. Also known as the Mother City, down town is a vibrant precinct with numerous places of historical and cultural importance. There is so much to see, do and experience we would hate you to have missed something while you struggle to find parking or have your nose buried in a tourist book. Tour Cape Town like a local with a local! and take in everything she has to offer.
Rich in cultural and historic heritage this City day tour is highly recommended by African Experience.
- Visit Table Mountain, a protected area for over 100 years and part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. This UNESCO Word Heritage Site was voted one of the New7Wonders of Nature. A quick cable car ride to the summit allows for breath taking views over the city and Cape Peninsula,1057m (3500ft) above the Atlantic Ocean. This activity is weather dependent. Return by cable car and continue your tour of the city. (If the weather is not conducive to this activity we will do our utmost to offer you an elevated view of Cape Town from an alternative vantage point).
- Bo-Kaap is a community of cultural significance and is becoming world renowned for the brightly painted houses and cobblestone streets. This neighbourhood is the spiritual home of Cape Muslims with a history dating back 360 years.
- The Noon Gun on Signal Hill has been a historic time signal in Cape Town since 1806. Experience the thrill of seeing and hearing them being fired (Monday to Saturday).
- The Company’s Garden in the center of the city is a green lung for locals and visitors to enjoy. This precinct is where you will find the country’s House of Parliament, National Assembly, Tuyjn Huis (Town House) and a number of museums.
- A stroll through the main city offers outdoor markets with local curios & souvenirs, artworks and sculptures for purchase.
- Cape Town is becoming known as a foodie city and has numerous dining experiences on offer. Sample local cuisines like Cape Malay Curry, Bunny Chow and Koeksisters. The Mother City is also home to some of the best coffee experiences around.
We offer a day tour of Cape Town to suit your timing and interests and will happily host you and your group on a bespoke itinerary. Below are a few more sites and activities you may want to include during your time in Cape Town.
- Robben Island, the second UNESCO World Heritage site in Cape Town, is one of the most significant sites in South Africa. Enjoy a return ferry ride, a scheduled tour and hear interesting stories of the island from your guide, a former political prisoner.
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront ( V&A Waterfront ) is a world-class retail, entertainment and cultural precinct. The latest upgrade of the Silo District includes the Zeitz MOCAA, the largest collection of contemporary African art in the world!
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens is on the southern slopes of Table Mountain and home to 7000 species of flora. It is also the first botanical garden in the world to be named a UNESCO World Heritage site - our third in the Western Cape. Visit the Boomslang (Afrikaans for Tree Snake); a timber bridge winding through and over the trees in the gardens offering spectacular views.
- Cape Town is home to 9 international Blue Flag beaches and we highly recommend you experience at least one of them while here.