The following conditions will form the basis of the agreement between African Experience Golf Tours & Safaris and The client. Please read through as they set out our respective rights and obligations. We will also rely on mutual trust and understanding between all parties concerned.
1. Making the booking. The party leader responsible for making the booking must be at least 18 and authorised by all clients on the booking list if he/she is booking on their behalf. All persons making a booking are subject to the booking conditions as stipulated by African Experience. A booking confirmation will be issued to each booking party on receipt of a 20% deposit of the agreed rate between African Experience & The client. The booking confirmation becomes valid once the balance is paid in full. The balance is due a minimum of thirty (30) days before departure.
2. Our Agreement. The agreement between African Experience & The client as stipulated by this booking condition comes into existence a) once availability has been confirmed b) once a booking confirmation has been issued to .
3. Prices. The price of the tour package is based on the known cost as at the time of the issue of the booking confirmation. Once the booking has been confirmed, the price as shown on the booking confirmation will not be increased.
4. Flights, airport taxes & travel insurance. These costs are all at the expense of the client and not included in the price of the tour package.
5. Insurance. It is a condition of our accepting your booking that the clients have adequate personal travel insurance. However, once your clients are on the tour package they will be covered by a general insurance policy that covers African Experience & the clients.
6. Passports, visas and health requirements. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they are in possession of a valid passport and visa, where applicable. African Experience cannot be held liable if any clients are refused entry into South Africa as a result of the incorrect travel documentation. As the tour package includes a game park visit, we advise all clients to take anti-malarial precautions before, during and after their visit. African Experience cannot be held liable for any client’s health requirements or precautions during their tour.
7. Special requests. All requests should be noted at the time of booking. We will endeavor to fulfill all the clients requests, within reason.
8. Cancellations. The following cancellation charges are payable from the date we receive the cancellation notice. Cancellation less than 30 days from departure = loss of deposit. Cancellation less than 10 days before arrival = loss of 100% of the total tour cost.
9. Complaints. If your client may have a problem while on tour, please notify us, so that we may have the opportunity to put it right.
10. Late arrival and behaviour. It is the responsibility of the clients to ensure they are at the correct departure points when traveling out to South Africa. We cannot be held responsible if a client meets our checking times. We will do our utmost to ensure that our clients meet all their departure commitments. It is expected that all clients take into consideration their fellow travelers throughout their tour. If a client’s behaviour is deemed to cause danger, distress, annoyance or damage to property, we are able to terminate their tour and have no further liability to the client.
11. Force Majeure. We can unfortunately not be held liable or pay any compensation when our commitments on the tour package are prevented or affected by reasons amounting to ‘force majeure’. In this agreement, ‘force majeure’ means any events which we could forsee or avoid. Such events may include war, threat of war, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar conditions beyond our control.
12. Our responsibility. We accept responsibility if the service we have agreed proves to be deficient or not of a reasonable standard. We also accept responsibility for the actions of our employees & sub-contractors, provide they were carrying out work authorised by us, except where death or personal injury results. All baggage and personal possessions remain at all times and in all circumstances at the clients risk.
13. Delays. We cannot accept responsibility for any delays in departures or any costs incurred as a result of a clients delay.
14. Accommodation. Clients are subject to the terms and conditions as stipulated by the various hotels. All hotel facilities are available to our clients, unless unavailable due to maintenance, bad weather or other reasons.
15. Transport. All transport is included on the tour package, which includes unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver and local taxes.
16. Medical problems. Clients are to inform any medical problems or disability on booking of the tour package. We will do our utmost to accommodate all clients medical needs and pass on all relevant information where appropriate.
17. Golf. The term of ‘golf’ is defined as 1 x 18 hole round of golf per person, unless otherwise stated. All golfers are to adhere to the relevant golf clubs visitors playing conditions. Golf courses require a valid handicap certificate and it’s the client’s responsibility to ensure a valid certificate is presentable if requested. We cannot be held responsible for the actual playing conditions of the courses, including changes caused by periodic course maintenance.